This New Haven County town is located in the southern portion of the state. Originally known as Amity parish, Woodbridge incorporated parts of New Haven and Milford in 1784 and renamed itself after the Reverend Benjamin Woodbridge. Today, the town is largely a bedroom community with large amounts of preserved open land and extensive public hiking trails. The town is also home to the Darling House Museum and the Woodbridge Green Historic District, both on the National Register of Historic Places.
More on Woodbridge from the CT Digital ArchiveBrowse more interactive content on the CT Digital Archive website.
The Darlings Make Preservation a Family Affair
Thomas Darling was an 18th-century merchant, farmer, and politician and a member of the colonial elite. …[more]
“Amity & Woodbridge Historical Society,” 2017. Link.
“Digitized Historic Newspaper - Amity Star (Various Dates).” Case Memorial Library, Connecticut History Illustrated, 1952 1950. Link.
Price & Leeʹs New Haven (New Haven County, Conn.) City Directory, Including West Haven, East Haven, and Woodbridge. New Haven, CT: Price & Lee Company, 1900. Link.
Connecticut State Library Digital Collections. “Woodbridge - WPA Architectural Survey,” 2017. Link.
“Woodbridge Collection.” Connecticut Digital Archive, n.d. Link.
Rockey, J. L., ed. History of New Haven County, Connecticut. Vol. 2. New York: W. W. Preston, 1892. Link.